Animal cruelty and abuse is caused when hoomans cause harm, suffering, starvation, neglect, abandonment, and/or pain to animals. I do not and will not ever understand how a hooman could hurt a dog, a kitty or any other animal, but it happens. A lot. We must all work together to create awareness of the issues and to help save the animals in crisis.
How can you help??
- Recognize the signs
- Report to authorities (even if anonymous!)
- Take notes & document
- Be willing to work with authorities
- Educate your furiends
Did you know that many hoomans who abuse animals also currently or will in the future abuse their spouse, domestic partner, or children? Animal abuse can also be a precursor to psychopathic behaviors and serial killers. Saving an animal from abuse (even if they have passed) can help to save hooman and kiddo lives too!
Unfortunately, the punishments in many states for those that commit animal abuse, animal cruelty, or animal neglect are not very harsh. I fully support making laws stronger, creating new laws, enforcing existing laws, and punishing those who hurt animals (as well as accomplices)! Maximum penalties!
Did you know??
- I was a puppy abandoned and rescued from criminal activity.
- Arabella came from a drug dealer / backyard breeder that went to jail.
- Buddy was used as a fighting dog, then left and neglected in a cage after he was sold, then placed on Craig’s List.
- Cloudy was emaciated and then malnourished in the shelter where he was abandoned due to old age.
- Indigo was thrown at an apartment dumpster and was almost killed by the maintenance men.
We know fur sure that 5 of our 8 furfamily have been abused or come from bad situations. The other 3 were all adopted as kittens from animal shelters so we are unsure of their beginning. THIS is why I take a stand against animal abuse. It’s so close to home.
Pawlease take a stand against animal abuse and help us fight for justice!! #SaveThePuppies