- Always call 911 or a non-emergency line if you do not know or have a number for animal control.
- Some jurisdictions do not have separate numbers for animal control.
- Call local authorities
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control – (888) 426-4435 – A $65 fee may be assessed.
- Pet Poison Helpline -855-764-7661 – $49 per incident
- Call your local shelter or veterinary of record if during business hours
- Take your pet to an emergency animal hospital
- Most pet insurance providers provide a free advice line.