Oh Pupsters! The first weekend in October brought us lots of rain!
It’s been raining cats and dogs! Well, SC is in a state of emergency with historical rainfall and devastating flood waters. Many of our animal shelters in South Carolina have been damaged, and many pups are in need of places to stay! Here are some of the places I have found helping pups and their hoomans in need!
Pet Friendly Rescue Shelters:
- 200 Leisure Lane, Irmo, SC
- Lexington County, SC – BOTH shelters are pet-friendly
- 108 Park Rd, Lexington, SC (Lexington Leisure Center)
- 1231 Bluefield Dr., Columbia, SC. Pets on leashes or in crates.
- 3887 Leeds Avenue, N. Charleston. All pet friendly shelters require leashes and/or crates.
- 2615 Lower Richland Blvd., Hopkins, SC. Pets on leashes or in crates.
- A.C. Flora High School – 1 Falcon Dr, Columbia, SC 29204
Pet Boarding for SC Flood Victims:
- Pet A Coat Junction – Lexington, SC 803-951-7387
- VCA Palmetto Animal Hospital – Myrtle Beach, SC 843-903-1900 (24hour intake!)
- Chapin Pet Lodge – 803-345-5082
- Wescott Acres
- Winding Lane Kennels & Stables – Aiken, SC 803-643-3919
- Critter Coiffures – 893-360-5194 – 711 Elmwood Ave, Columbia, SC 29201
Food distribution for pet owners in need:
The National Animal Rescue and Sheltering Coalition (http://narsc.net/) is working with @SCEMD to provide pet food distribution for pets displaced by floods. If you are the owner of a pet in need of food, there are currently 5 pet food distribution locations in the Midlands. Contact your local Emergency Operations Center to let them know of your need and NARSC will be happy to accommodate you!
Wanna help me raise supplies for the pups and shelters? Click here to help donate towards my shelter fundraiser!